Are you a homeowner? Do you know how to winterize your sprinkler system?
Follow the steps below to learn how to prepare your sprinkler system for winter;
1. Turn off water supply: Turn the water supply off at the main valve. It's important to note that the main valve should be protected from freezing temperatures. It needs to be buried beneath the frost line, or well insulated.
2. Turn off irrigation controller: If you have an automatic timer, turn it off or set it to rain mode.
3. Turn on valves: To release any pressure, turn on all of the valves.
4. Drain the water: Drain the entire system by blowing out the water with an air compressor. If your system is PVC pipe, the pressure shouldn't exceed 80 psi. If the system is polyethylene pipe, the maximum pressure is 50psi.
5. Remove the backflow preventer: In some cases, you can remove the backflow preventer and store it away for the winter. Make sure you drain the water completely before you store it.
6. Insulate pipes above ground: All water pipes that are above ground should be insulated to protect them from freezing temperatures.
Winterize your sprinkler system the right way with Irrigation Outlet expertsto avoid winter season inconveniences. Winter presents us with low temperatures, and quality products should be used in winterizing the sprinkler system for a longer lasting solution. Our team of experts are here to help you go through a stress free winter season. We achieve this by equipping you with the simplest ways and best irrigation accessories. In case you have a question, need our services, or have an inquiry feel free to contact us.